Are you passionate about Medical Quality and want to help shape the future of health care quality?
Then, consider applying to the 2019 ACMQ Quality Scholar Program for graduate/medical students and resident physicians.
As a Quality Scholar, you will receive professional mentorship from physician leaders in Medical Quality, the opportunity to share your work at a national level, and generous funding to attend the 2019 Medical Quality conference, April 11-13, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda, in downtown Bethesda, MD. There, you will be able to share your work and network with other motivated leaders, as well as take on leadership roles within the College.
(Left to Right) Oliver Nguyen, CSSBB | Mark Lyles, MD, MBA, FACMQ | Nancy Liu, BA | Allen Tsai | Rachel Nash, MD | Alexander Sackeim
| Alexandra T. Strauss, MD, MIE
| Paul Yerkes, MD
| Kirstin Woody Scott, MPhil, PhD
| Donald E. Casey, Jr., MD, MPH, MBA, DFACMQ | Sydney Ramsey
- 10 ACMQ National Quality Scholars ($750 and complimentary meeting registration)
- 1 Samuel Katims Scholar in Medical Humanism ($1,000 and complimentary meeting registration)
Additionally, quality scholars have the unique opportunity to apply to take the American Board of Medical Quality exam as students and residents, and to receive the designation of CMQ (Certified in Medical Quality) upon licensure.
Application eligibility (read carefully):
- ACMQ membership is required (Resident/Trainee/Fellow: $40; Graduate or Medical Student: $25; enrolled full-time, one-time fee, expires upon residency/fellowship completion or graduation.) If not currently an ACMQ student/resident member, apply before submitting your application here.
- Prior National Quality Scholarship recipients are ineligible to apply for another award.
- Except for your CV which you may format as you prefer (but must be no more than two pages), supporting documents should be 8.5" x 11", 1" margins all sides, 1.5 line spacing. Ensure your name appears at the top of the paper.
- Your statement of interest should discuss why you are interested in the ACMQ Quality Scholars Program. Share your unique strengths and highlight your leadership abilities. Your paper should be a maximum of one (1) page and no more than 500 words.
- Essay/Opinion Paper/Research Abstract: Submit an essay, opinion paper, or abstract of a research initiative that highlights academic interests or personal experiences in medical quality. A maximum of two (2) pages.
- File name protocols are Lastname.FirstName.papertype (i.e. .CV, .abstract, .essay, .opinion, .general, etc.). Word documents and PDFs are accepted by the upload process, however, we recommend PDFs.
- For details on submitting an abstract for the meeting, click here.
Note: uploading your abstract for a National Quality Scholars application is not the same as submitting it for competition for the meeting; abstracts are only accepted via the separate online submission process. See the Abstracts page for complete details.
- A requirement of winning an award is that recipients must attend the full conference, from the opening session on Friday, April 12, 2019, through the meeting's adjournment on Saturday, April 13, 2019. If you are not able to meet this criterion, you risk forfeiting the award.
Remember, the application deadline is 11:59pm EST on Friday, February 15, 2019. Selected scholarship will be notified in February 2019. You may direct any questions to current ACMQ student/resident section chair, Sean Smirnov, at email@example.com.