Are you passionate about Medical Quality and want to help shape the future of healthcare quality?
Then, consider applying to the 2020 ACMQ Quality Scholar Program for graduate/medical students and resident physicians.
As a Quality Scholar, you will receive professional mentorship from physician leaders in Medical Quality, the opportunity to share your work at a national level, and generous funding to attend the 2020 Medical Quality conference, August 24-26, 2020, at
the Fairmont Chicago, in Chicago, IL. There, you will be able to share your work and network with other motivated leaders, as well as take on leadership roles within the College.
- Up to 10 ACMQ Quality Scholars ($750 and complimentary meeting registration)
- 2 Samuel Katims Scholars in Medical Humanism Awards ($1,000 and $1,500 plus complimentary meeting registration)
Additionally, Quality Scholars have the unique opportunity to apply to take the American Board of Medical Quality exam at a reduced rate as students and residents, and
to receive the designation of CMQ (Certified in Medical Quality) upon licensure.
Deadline to apply is May 10, 2020 at 11:59pm CT.
Application eligibility (read carefully):
- ACMQ membership is required (Resident/Trainee/Fellow: $40; Graduate or Medical Student: $40; enrolled full-time, one-time fee, expires upon residency/fellowship completion or graduation.) If not currently an ACMQ student/resident member, apply before
submitting your application here.
- Prior Quality Scholar recipients are ineligible to apply for another award.
- Except for your CV which you may format as you prefer (but must be no more than two pages), supporting documents should be 8.5" x 11", 1" margins all sides, 1.5 line spacing. Ensure your name appears at the top of the paper.
- Your statement of interest should discuss why you are interested in the ACMQ Quality Scholars Program. Share your unique strengths and highlight your leadership abilities. Your paper should be a maximum of one (1) page and no more than 500 words.
- Essay/Opinion Paper/Research Abstract: Submit an essay, opinion paper, or abstract of a research initiative that highlights academic interests or personal experiences in medical quality. A maximum of two (2) pages.
- File name protocols are Lastname.FirstName.papertype (i.e. .CV, .abstract, .essay, .opinion, .general, etc.). Word documents and PDFs are accepted by the upload process, however, we recommend PDFs.
- Note: uploading your abstract for a Quality Scholars application is not the same as submitting it for competition for the meeting; abstracts are only accepted via the separate online submission process. See the Abstracts page for complete details.
- A requirement of winning an award is that recipients must attend the full conference, from the opening session on Monday, August 24, 2020, through the meeting's adjournment on Wednesday, August 26, 2020. If you are not able to meet
this criterion, you risk forfeiting the award.
Remember, the application deadline is 11:59pm EST on Sunday, May 10, 2020. Selected recipients will be notified around May 29. You may direct any questions to current ACMQ student/resident section chair, Michael Jin at email@example.com.