Demonstrate your expertise in medical quality management.
Earn your Certification in Medical Quality, offered by the American Board of Medical Quality.
Why Earn your CMQ?
By demonstrating your proficiency in medical quality management, you will:
- Add a quality credential to your resume
- Increase potential salary and promotion opportunities
- Confer recognition of your knowledge
Familiarity with the recommended study materials will:
- Give you knowledge in healthcare quality that is applicable to all clinical specialties
- Provide you with updates, reminders and education in the basics of medical quality
- Advance your understanding of core competencies that will further develop your skill set
How to Earn Your CMQ
The American Board of Medical Quality offers a two-hour certifying examination to physicians and eligible healthcare professionals with experience in medical quality management and/or clinical quality improvement. The exam tests knowledge of quality basics, quality measurement, patient safety, utilization management, health IT, economics and finance, organization management, legal and ethical issues, and more. Successful candidates are granted the CMQ (Certified in Medical Quality) designation, based on their credentials and exam performance.
The application form and information on earning your CMQ designation can be found in ABMQ's 2019 Candidates' Manual and on the ABMQ website.
Sunday, April 14, 2019
9:00-11:00 am EDT (subject to change)
The Hyatt Regency, in Bethesda, Maryland, following Medical Quality 2019 annual meeting
View more upcoming CMQ exams on the ABMQ website.