Demonstrate your expertise in medical quality management.
Earn your Certification in Medical Quality, offered by the American Board of Medical Quality.
Why Earn your CMQ?
By demonstrating your proficiency in medical quality management, you will:
- Add a quality credential to your resume
- Increase potential salary and promotion opportunities
- Confer recognition of your knowledge
Familiarity with the recommended study materials will:
- Give you knowledge in healthcare quality that is applicable to all clinical specialties
- Provide you with updates, reminders and education in the basics of medical quality
- Advance your understanding of core competencies that will further develop your skill set
How to Earn Your CMQ
The American Board of Medical Quality offers a two-hour certifying examination to physicians and eligible healthcare professionals with experience in medical quality management and/or clinical quality improvement. The exam tests knowledge of quality basics, quality measurement, patient safety, utilization management, health IT, economics and finance, organization management, legal and ethical issues, and more. Successful candidates are granted the CMQ (Certified in Medical Quality) designation, based on their credentials and exam performance.
The application form and information on earning your CMQ designation can be found in ABMQ's 2019 Candidates' Manual and on the ABMQ website.
Exclusive Discount for AMCQ Members
Members of ACMQ first attempting their CMQ receive $100 off the ABMQ exam fee. Once certified, members enjoy ongoing discounts on study materials and re-certification exam fees.
2020 EXAM DATES AND LOCATIONS
Exam dates and locations for 2020 are To Be Determined, and announced at a later date.
View more upcoming CMQ exams on the ABMQ website.