American College of
Medical Quality (ACMQ)
- To provide leadership & education in healthcare quality management.
- To educate & provide a forum for health care professionals, government agencies, & other regulatory bodies involved in medical quality management;
- To provide a core body of knowledge to health care professionals in the field of medical quality management;
- To elevate the standards of medical schools & postgraduate education in medical quality management;
- To conduct & sponsor on-going research & evaluation in the various fields of medical quality.
Membership consists of physician healthcare professionals responsible for providing leadership in medical quality & patient safety outcomes, who want or need resources & tools, experience & expertise to improve the quality & safety of patient care.
- Discounted membership $25/students $40/residents
- Discounted registration rates for ACMQ events
- Eligibility for ACMQ's National Quality Scholar Awards
- Networking opportunities with medical quality leaders
- Career advising via the mentorship database
- Complimentary access to the AJMQ & ACMQ Newsletter
- Opportunities to serve as a ACMQ section leader, a college committee member or AMA delegate
National Quality Scholars
Residents & Medical Students are selected based on their ongoing leadership & research in Medical Quality:
- National Quality Scholars (11 named annually)
- Samuel Katims Scholar in Medical Humanism
- Professional mentorship from physician leaders
- Reimbursement for travel and complimentary registration to MEDICAL QUALITY 2015 Conference
- Early eligibility to sit for Board Exam to receive Certification in Medical Quality (CMQ)
- Access to peer-reviewed, PubMed-indexed publishing opportunities for trainees in AJMQ’s Quality Training to Improve Performance (QTIP) Column
DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 25, 2014